Saturday, October 19 at 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, October 20 at 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 27 at 2:00 p.m.
Presented by: Local historian Al Savolaine of the Matawan Historical Society and the Rose Hill Board
Hear fascinating stories about:
- The great Matawan fire of 1901 and a 1896 gruesome murder
- Tragic 1916 shark attack victims, lawmen of Matawan, trouble at the Mausoleums
- Strange death at the Matawan House Hotel; rich man attacks the church bell
- Unusual ghost sightings at Rose Hill, considered to be the most haunted cemetery in New Jersey
- Funeral attended at Rose Hill by two US presidents: who they were and why they attended
- The horrible 1918 Morgan explosion
- Civil War casualties, 1918 Spanish flu victims, train accidents, and a sad trio of 1908 spring suicides
Where: Matawan’s Rose Hill Cemetery, Ravine Drive, near the intersection of Ravine and Middlesex Road
Cost: $10 per adult. Tickets will be available at the event. Proceeds benefit Burrowes Mansion and Rose Hill Cemetery
Parking: In cemetery & school lot across the street